Let's remake the journey. if you still are available for that. :) Thanks a lot.
I installed a second wp site in My VPS, creating a database 'default'. This install was made to bring my other domain in. Then i brought my desired domain's database and wp-content in. This restored database brought in did not match with the configuration of the existing default wp-config.php file in the line 'table prefix'.
The table prefix in the freshed installed default wp-config.php file was set to
'wp_', which i changed to
'wordpress_', to match the configuration of the wp-config.php file from where this desired database came, in which the table prefix was
Then the site showed as it should. :)
But then it was not possible to login in wp-admin. :(
Examining the Adminer i see that both tables you mentioned have 'wordpress_' as table prefix in the actual configuration. What i think would be right. But, I tried to change it to its old value just see if it would result in anything positive. One first, testing, and the other. I tested it and still i couldn't login in wp-admin.
I changed back the tables to their original values in Adminer and came here to report to you.
All the best,
- Maybe the solution would be to redo the whole process, re-exporting the desired database with the table prefix to match the default one. I would have to learn how to do that in phpmyadmin.