LaraSail is a CLI tool for Laravel to help you automate your DigitalOcean Droplets set up for Laravel Applications.
The initial server setup done by LaraSail include:
- Installing all of the necessary updates
- Adding a non-root user
- Installing and configuring LEMP for Laravel
- Installing composer
- Installing the Laravel Command
LaraSail is designed to work best on fresh new Ubuntu Droplets.
In order to be able to use LaraSail you need a new DigitalOcean Ubuntu Droplet.
SSH into your server and run the following command:
- curl -sL https://github.com/thedevdojo/larasail/archive/master.tar.gz | tar xz && source larasail-master/install
Initial server setup
Once you install LaraSail, in order to do all of the initial server set up you need to run the following command:
- larasail setup
You can make sure it’s installed by running:
- larasail -h
Creating new Laravel project
In order to create a new Laravel project just run the following command:
- cd /var/www && composer create-project laravel/laravel mywebsite
Once you have your Laravel projected installed, LaraSail lets you also automate your Nginx server block creation.
Creating new Nginx server block
LaraSail also allows you to automate the set up of new Nginx Server Blocks in case that you need to host multiple Laravel applications on the same Droplet.
To create a new Nginx server block run:
- larasail host mywebsite.com /var/www/mywebsite
You can find a video demo on how to install and use LaraSail here: