App platform - Process doesn't launch, logs stay in an empty state but the console is available.
I am trying to launch a Ruby worker on App Platform. However, I’m facing an issue of which I’m unable to figure out why.
I have a simple Ruby application that connects to a RabbitMQ channel (Hosted on a RabbitMQ as a Service provider, not DigitalOcean) and executes jobs based on those messages. Probably this is not very relevant because even when I comment out this part of the code and just run a very simple:
loop do puts "sleep" sleep 6 end
What I’m facing
- When I deploy the application it deploys successfully (“Deployed successfully!”) is returned.
- The “logs” page is completely empty.
- When I go to the console I can execute
bundle exec ruby app.rbwhich launches the application and it runs fine on the DigitalOcean machine.
- There are no errors in the Deploy Log, it just doesn’t launch the application.
What I’ve tried
- Create a Docker image of the application (Works locally in a Docker container) which I pushed to DigitalOcean’s container Registry
bundle exec ruby app.rbas Run Command (With and without a Dockerfile)
FROM ruby:2.6.3 RUN apt-get update -qq && apt-get install -y build-essential RUN curl -sS https://dl.yarnpkg.com/debian/pubkey.gpg | apt-key add - RUN echo "deb https://dl.yarnpkg.com/debian/ stable main" | tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/yarn.list RUN apt-get update && apt-get install yarn -y RUN mkdir /app WORKDIR /app RUN gem install bundler COPY Gemfile /app/Gemfile COPY Gemfile.lock /app/Gemfile.lock RUN bundle install COPY . /app CMD ["bundle", "exec", "ruby", "app.rb"]
Does anyone here have a clue what I’m doing wrong or what’s going wrong?