I am trying to migrate a Wordpress website to my droplet with the Duplicator Plugin.
These are the steps I took:
1) I have created a droplet and installed Wordpress according to: One-Click Install WordPress on Ubuntu 13.10 with DigitalOcean tutorial
2) I have copied the installer.php file and the package in the root /var/www
3) I browsed to http://mywebsite.com/installer.php
Result: I got a blank screen in my browser
4) I saw in the Duplicator instructions the follwing: "Copy both the archive file and the installer.php files to an empty folder on your web server. Make sure the directory they are copied to have the correct permission. Then open a web browser and browse to the installer.php file. http://yoursite.com/installer.php"
5) So I deleted all Wordpress files (emtptied the /var/www/ folder)
6) I have copied the installer.php file and the package in the root /var/www
7) I browsed to http://mywebsite.com/installer.php
Result: still got a blank screen in my browser
Can anyone help me solve this? Much appreciated!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart.
If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.