DigitalOcean and Government Requests?
I’m interested as to whether DigitalOcean both has published policy and guidelines concerning governmental information requests, and also releases figures pertaining to such (or similar) requests? Or if not, at the very very least, has a public stance on the issue, in the interests of its customers and the community?
CloudFlare has a great stance on this and does a “Transparency Report” every year. Notable points conceded that I’d like to see DigitalOcean side with:
- CloudFlare has never turned over our SSL keys or our customers SSL keys to anyone.
- CloudFlare has never installed any law enforcement software or equipment anywhere on our network.
- CloudFlare has never terminated a customer or taken down content due to political pressure.
- CloudFlare has never provided any law enforcement organization a feed of our customers’ content transiting our network.
- If CloudFlare were asked to do any of the above, we would exhaust all legal remedies, in order to protect its customers from what we believe are illegal or unconstitutional requests.
I wonder what DigitalOcean’s stance is, and whether there is a public commitment to privacy and security in the same spirit…