DigitalOcean Container Registry - Spaces Region
- I have set up a DigitalOcean Container Registry which is backed by Spaces.
- I host my applications primarily out of NYC regions
- The Container Registry created its storage space in AMS3 not NYC3.
- This would mean added latency when pushing and pulling images from NYC.
- There would also be transfer costs pulling the images from AMS3 to NYC regions.
- Is this a shortcoming of Early Release status, not being able to pick a region?
- There is no region option in the API either.
- It would also seem if region was selectable it would have to be part of the container registry URL such as nyc3.registry.digitalocean.com.
I posed this to DO support in a ticket, but I don’t think it reached the right team, because they haven’t added Containers as an option in their support drop down options, and they reply was ultimately that person didn’t know. They said they’d try and find out, but it’s been a while, so I wondered if anybody else had the same concern or more knowledge about where it’s going.