Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How to add an Lets encrypt certificate dynamically using CNAME verification?
I have been working on a web app where users can create custom profiles of them and see it on their custom domain by adding an A record and CNAME record. If they have their profile on https://webapp.com/profile they can connect it with https://usercustomdomain.com/.
I’ve figured how to display the profile to the custom domain, but I its showing web page not secure. I tried to add SSL on that custom domain manually but then I have 2 problems:
1) Every time a user connects a domain I’ve to add a SSL manually.
2) It replaces the default website i.e. mywebapp.com 000-default-ssl.conf file in /etc/apache2/ to the users custom domain.
So, how do I lets encrypt add custom domain by verifying the cname automatically?
Appreciate your help!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×