Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How to fix intermittent Connect time out
I created my first droplet on Digital Ocean on Feb 24 with wordpress 1-click. It worked fine for 2 days but after that there have been frequent disconnect.s I am unable to access my site, ping the IP or ssh into droplet. It resolves on its own after 10-15 mins, but that’s not acceptable standard to host a website or develop something.
I checked this post: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/droplet-down-for-hours from last year and there were issues related to system upgrade. I opened a ticket and was just told to check the logs, but it looks to be a network issue. My site is not even live right now for search engine usage and has no users.
- It always shows as powered on in digital ocean page
- Issue is intermittent and has occurs regularly.
Down times on 28th Feb in Indian standard time:
- Connect time out at 22:03 IST
- Connect time out at 23:27 IST - 23:33 IST
- Connected from 23:35 to 23:52
- Again connect time out at 23:52 - 23:59 IST
- Connected at 00:01:44 IST on 1st March.
- Down at 00:36 IST on 1st March.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×