I have 2 entries in my limits.conf,
* hard nofile 10240 * soft nofile 4096
ulimit -Sn or
ulimit -Hn only displays the default values.
gabriel@server:~$ ulimit -Sn 1024 gabriel@server:~$ ulimit -Hn 4096
It works fine on one server but on another it’s as if they’re being ignored.
I did have a problem with
apt-get autoremove for some old kernels on this one server which I didn’t have on the other, I didn’t note it down but I’m quite able to reboot.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.