Manage DigitalOcean MySQL Database with MySQL Workbench - Reverse Engineer
I am using Digital Ocean MySQL database service with MySQL workbench to manage it (Version 8.0.22 build 107600 CE 64 bit).
I have succesfully connected to the database with MySQL workbench and can see my schema and tables. However i am not enable to reverse engineer my scheme into an ER model. When it imports the MySQL table objects it says:
- ERROR: (0, 16) “Test” is not valid at this position for this server version, expecting an identifier
- ERROR: (3, 13) “User” is not valid at this position for this server version, expecting an identifie
Steps to reproduce
- Connect to digital ocean database with MySQL Workbench.
- Create a schema called “Test”.
- Create a table called “User”.
- Add a column called “id” and set it as primary key.
- Apply the table
- Go to the tab “Database -> Reverse Engineer”
- Choose the scheme you created and complete the steps until you get the option to select what table objects you want to import
- Import all the table object
- Now you will get the error: “” is not valid at this position for this server version.
Does anyone have this issue and knows a solution for it?
Thanks in advance
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×