Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Proper A record set up for two separate servers
I currently have one server with my registrar pointing the domain name via digitalocean name servers (ns1.digitalocean, ns2.digitalocean.com). The current server hosts www.mydomain.com mydomain.com and my mail server
I want to convert my current set up into two different servers:
- Current server would still be the mail server and hold “mydomain.com”
- Second server would hold just “www.mydomain.com”
I was thinking the proper way would be to change the registrar.com to no longer point to digital ocean dns and instead point the dns servers to my registrar and then do something with the A-records…this is where I get confused.
Can somebody please make some suggestions on how to set up the a-records for the two different servers on the registrar?
I’ve seen a few kinda answers but not really anything concrete.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×