Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Troubles with email on my first , Want to check i fully understand how DO works...
Im new to DO, and i have set up a Droplet to test on for the option of moving my site over from shared hosting. (set up 2gb droplet, and installed wordpress via Serverpilot, as promise of the added security out of box appealed to me)
I migrated my current site and all of that aspect was easy, but i was having issues with the emails.
I know that DO, isnt geared toward email hosting, unless you create your own email server which i dont want to do for obvious reason, so i intended on setting up my domain emails via something like Zoho Mail but ran into issues.
Can someone please confirm following, as im not sure if i have missed something/dont quite fully, and it would help to pinpoint my issue.
• Do domain Emails sent/received, when i have set them up in ZoHo, ever pass through my DO/Serverpilot Droplet?
• If i have a Mandrill Plugin on my wordpress site, and a customer fills out a contact form, does this ever pass through my DO/Serverpilot Droplet?
Reason i ask, is i was getting a 550-Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client. error and trying to work out what is the culprit..
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×