Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Domain name SSL wordpress droplet
I have been struggling for the past 2 days to fix this problem. I have read countless forum answers (DO and others) and I can’t figure it out.
TLDR: I can’t use my domain name (stairway.ma) in my DigitalOcean Wordpress droplet.
- Domain name provider: Capconnect.com (I need a .ma domain)DNS settings 1, DNS settings 2 (idk why it has 2 settings btw).
- DigitalOcean droplet: Ubuntu WordPress 5.8 on Ubuntu 20.04 (IP: 184.108.40.206)
- DigitalOcean DNS records.
- DNS checker points stairway.ma to the right IP.
DigitalOcean SSL pointing to domain name stairway.ma
When works both URLs point to 220.127.116.11, it works.
when I change the URL to https://stairway.ma, nothing works, the whole website is down.
I’ve probably created and destroyed a dozen droplets since yesterday:
- During the wordpress console installation, I tried adding ‘stairway.ma’ as a domain name and add SSL, but it won’t work, it says there’s some firewall problem and I can’t access the website.
- I tried disabling the firewalls in another installation but it still won’t work.
- I tried starting a new droplet and using the droplet’s IP as the domain name, it worked, but when I try changing the domain to stairway.ma, the whole thing goes down.
- I tried adding this to wp-config:
define('WP_SITEURL', 'http://stairway.ma'); define('WP_HOME', 'http://stairway.ma');but it doesn’t work.
- I tried another wp-config edit with https://stairway.ma, but it won’t work.
I would appreciate any help and thank you in advance for your time.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×