Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Error 521 using cloudflare on two droplets same one pointing as subdomain.
After installing the one click install I’ve faced a couple different issues. Any advice is appreciated:
Background: Two Droplets, Droplet A is primary domain (i.e. example.com) and Droplet B is subdomain (sample.example.com). For droplet A i have used cloudflare and updated appropriate DNS records. All is working fine on Droplet A and associated urls. For Droplet B, I am getting an Error 521 when trying to connect through the url name (i.e. sample.example.com –> Error 521), when I try via the IP address I get a failed page load.
Question to make sure I’m doing it right:
1) When establishing the DNS records for the subdomain (ie. sample.example.com), should I just add the A, AAAA and NS records to the existing primary domain DNS records (i.e. example.com)?
2) Do I need to run the Apache virtual host tutorial? (It seems that the one click wordpress install already does that)
3) For cloudflare integration, I added all of the subdomain records I could (A, AAAA)
4) I have used A and AAAA records in lieu of a CNAME, so A record for .example.com and A record for www.example.com, and likewise for AAAA records of which each is independently pointing to its respective IP (from the relevant droplet).
Please note that I am not a programmer whatsoever but I want to learn because I’m tired of not understanding whats happening, i know its a slow process and I’m appreciative of any advice and directions.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×