Two weeks ago I’ve already posted here, looking for help. The resolution I got can be found here.
I figured that the droplet I was using was the problem, so I moved on to another project, on another 1 click installation wordpress image.
The website worked fine for the last 4 days since I created it, reassuring me in my presumption that the first website’s droplet must’ve a problem.
However, about 2 hours ago, I received the error message “Error establishing a database connection” that led me here the first time.
Once again, the website itself is about 2gb large and uses a domain that was purchased 4 days ago. Since I have it linked to cloudways, I got a little curious.
Apparently my new domain received 15,595 from 43 unique users over the course of the last 4 days. I don’t have much knowledge in the ways of server management and while I don’t have caching enabled yet, something just seems super odd and I don’t believe that enabling SWAP as recommended in the linked thread is the solution here, given that my “free -h” response is
total: 985M used: 164M free: 617M
A quick # mysqladmin -u root -p status shwoed that my MYSQL is no longer running.
It also doesn’t appear to be a xmlrpc brute force since “sudo a2enconf block-xmlrpc” is already enabled.
This textbox defaults to using Markdown to format your answer.
You can type !ref in this text area to quickly search our full set of tutorials, documentation & marketplace offerings and insert the link!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.