Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Getting started with DO? I'd like to start up services for website hosting and email for my new business.
All of my training and work experience has been in IT, but the last 14 years have been in AppDev Sales and IT Recruiting. The first 14 years were spent as a Network Engineer with Deloitte, primarily using Novell, Cisco, VMware, Citrix and early Microsoft technologies.
My domain is presently hosted through godaddy where I have email and Office365. I’m not happy with godaddy, but am feeling locked in.
- I know I can transfer the domain but would like some direction in what is needed at DO to prepare for this.
- I know I can transfer the email and am familiar with the mechanics of this, but not much more
- I doubt I can transfer the Office365 unless someone surprises me
I can learn what is needed as long as I know where to start.
Then long-range, I’ll likely outsource site development, integrate a blog I’ve started on WordPress, extend functionality into database tech (TBD) and integrate with 3rd party services I’m using via their API’s
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×