Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How do I know if my Ubuntu droplet is using the XFS filesystem?
I recently set up the one-click MongoDB 4.0.2 droplet on Ubuntu 18.04. When I enter the MongoDB shell I get the startup warning:
** WARNING: Using the XFS filesystem is strongly recommended with the WiredTiger storage engine
I have three questions:
- How do I know if I’m using the XFS filesystem?
- If I’m not using it, how do I switch to it?
- If I don’t use XFS, will MongoDB still function properly?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×