Hey I'm not sure if this response is too late but...
In Digital Ocean:
- Log into your DigitalOcean account and click on the project your working on.
- After that click on the domain you'd like to edit (EX: yoursite.com)
- Once you click you will see something that says hostname in the space enter: www
- Next to the hostname space you'll see something that says "will direct to" click that space and select your droplet
- After that click Create Record
- Log in to your site admin
- Go to your settings
- In the sections Wordpress Address and Site Address change the url from https://yoursite.com to https://www.yoursite.com
Sorry I couldn't answer the SSL part, I am still figuring that out myself.