Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How exactly do I add a key to my DigitalOcean Droplet??
I changed my public and private keys on Terminal (I’m using Mac OS) many times. So when I “ssh” into the IP address given to me by my Droplet (the IP address is
22.214.171.124), I get the error of
Permission denied (publickey). so I know it has to do with me changing the public/private key. So now I need to add that changed public key on my Terminal to my Droplet on DigitalOcean. There were two things suggested by the DigitalOcean community which I’ve tried:
1) The tutorial on here - but this is for Windows users, not Mac. It’s suggests using a “Search and Replace” and checking certain functionalities. But Macs don’t have this so I can’t even use it:
2) A user kept suggesting to someone else that the problem is resolved by visiting this page:
I read into it and it has everything to do with setting up a SSH key, which I already know, and NOTHING to do with how to ADD an ssh key to an existing Droplet.
I really just need to know how to add my changed ssh key to my Droplet. I would really appreciate the help if anybody knows.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×