Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How to install Wordpress in a subfolder?
I have a web app in a droplet, Ubuntu 16, with phpmyadmin and mysql, the webapp works fine, but I want to install a wordpress site in a subfolder of that web app, for blogging purposes, how can I do that?
I have tried this:
- I have downloaded wordpress and place the files into a subfolder, like : https://webapp.com/blog physically , the web app files are in the home folder, so I have placed the wordpress files inside a folder there named “blog”. like this: /home/user/webapp/blog
- In PhpMyAdmin I have imported the wordpress database.
But the wordpress site doesn’t run.
Any help is appreciated.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×