Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How to register droplets and route to them based on URL segment
We’re looking for a solution where we can register an IP (Droplet) and then route to this IP based on URL segment.
The process would be like this:
- Droplet is created through the API and registers itself with the routing-service based on an arbitrary ID.
- The user access the Droplet through an address like https://my.service.org/<arbitrary_id> which routes to the correct Droplet based on the arbitrary_id.
- When destroyed the Droplet unregisters with the service.
Is this possible through something like a reverse proxy?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×