Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Htaccess and subdomain issues
So I’m having some issues with a subdomain which I can’t fix after reading a lot through the internet.
I’m trying to set up an api subdomain which purpose is to respond http requests, so my index file is just a php that redirects to the web (which is working fine).
I have an .htaccess with redirects things like api.domain.tld/createuser to api.domain.tld/api/user/create.php, but it is not working (I’m getting 404 error code). If I do the http request with the long url it works fine.
Also, just in the case it is useful, I’ve added an info.php to check phpinfo() and I’m getting a 500 error code.
Can anyone help me out?
NOTE: I’ve already checked:
- In /etc/apache2/apache2.conf, in directory /var/www AllowOverride All is set.
- Mod_rewrite is enabled, checked via phpinfo()
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×