Kuberenetes in minutes (strikethrough - should be hours)
- I installed a Kubernetes Cluster (a few of them actually, due to trial and error)
- I tried following this tutorial; https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-deploy-a-php-application-with-kubernetes-on-ubuntu-18-04
- The tutorial includes a step to SSH into the Master node
- QUESTION 1: How do I know what is the Master node? By default it creates 3 droplets, and none is denoted as the Master.
- QUESTION 2: Why doesn’t the tutorial say that the default firewall rules block Port 22? This leads to SSH timeouts. It’s easily fixed if you just know to go to the Firewall for the Cluster and add a rule to allow SSH.
- QUESTION 3: Why doesn’t the tutorial say how to deal with the localhost error that comes next (after establishing SSH)?
- QUESTION 4: What is the correct Public IP for the cluster? Given that I have 3 Droplets in the Cluster, and none is marked as the Master, how do I know which Public IP to use?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×