Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Obtaining a Certbot SSL Certificate fails
Following through the tutorial (https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-secure-nginx-with-let-s-encrypt-on-ubuntu-18-04), when trying to obtain an SSL cert in Step-4 (sudo certbot –nginx -d <mydomain>.com -d www.<mydomain>.com), I get the following error:
- The following errors were reported by the server:
- check that a DNS record exists for this domain
Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for <mydomain>.com -
check that a DNS record exists for this domain
I have done this many times in the past for other domains and this is the first time I get an error.
I have made all the prerequisites mentioned at the beginning of the article, as always, but still I cannot figure where the problem is.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×