Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Root Password for VPS created with Predefined SSH Keys
A DO article states:
When you create a new VPS, you can choose to include that public key on the server. No root password will be emailed to you and you can log in to your new virtual private server from your chosen client. If you created a passphrase, you will be prompted to enter that upon login. (https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-ssh-keys–2)
The problem is the DO Droplet Console requires a root password.
- How do you get the root password?
- Other available work arounds?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×