Setting up security and pre-production settings on a new LEMP (one-click app)
Sorry about my noob question.
I am setting up a new droplet for my new site and I want to know how to set things up securely and also the required setting before I go to production with a sample “Hello page”.
Can you please confirm and add some other things for my list.
Here are the steps that I got to do:
- Do the LEMP one-click app
- Go through initial server setup
- securing the server by implementing fail2ban (I have problem with this because my IP is dynamic and I can’t user this i think?)
- key-based authentication
- installing a firewall?(will this block my IP since my IP is dynamic?
- pointing a domain to my server home directory?
Basically I want to know what is necessary to be done before I create my first “hello world” page (php)
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×