Setting up security and pre-production settings on a new LEMP (one-click app)
Sorry about my noob question.
I am setting up a new droplet for my new site and I want to know how to set things up securely and also the required setting before I go to production with a sample "Hello page".
Can you please confirm and add some other things for my list.
Here are the steps that I got to do:
- Do the LEMP one-click app
- Go through initial server setup
- securing the server by implementing fail2ban (I have problem with this because my IP is dynamic and I can't user this i think?)
- key-based authentication
- installing a firewall?(will this block my IP since my IP is dynamic?
- pointing a domain to my server home directory?
Basically I want to know what is necessary to be done before I create my first "hello world" page (php)