Suspended services due to overdue, will i get my old data on settling the dues?

Suspended services due to overdue almost 10 months ago, will i get my old data on settling the dues?

Submit an answer

This textbox defaults to using Markdown to format your answer.

You can type !ref in this text area to quickly search our full set of tutorials, documentation & marketplace offerings and insert the link!

Sign In or Sign Up to Answer

These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.

Want to learn more? Join the DigitalOcean Community!

Join our DigitalOcean community of over a million developers for free! Get help and share knowledge in Q&A, subscribe to topics of interest, and get courses and tools that will help you grow as a developer and scale your project or business.


If your balance is 10+ months overdue, the first step would be to contact support. If you’re not able to access the control panel at all, you may want to try submitting the question here:

If a termination notice has already been sent, the data may have already been destroyed, though it won’t hurt to get in touch and see what they can do for you.

I’m not sure at all, but I think it’s impossible. Going by FAQ page, you have 14 days to pay outstanding balance and recover your data if you want. If you don’t pay it, your Droplets and data will be purged with no recovery possibility:

What is an outstanding balance?

Balances are considered outstanding if a payment has failed to process on the first of the month, or if the value you have loaded via PayPal is not enough to pay the invoice in full. If you receive a “Server Termination Urgent” notice, you will need to contact DigitalOcean Support to remove the lock on your account to pay the outstanding balance. If we don’t hear from you within 14 days from when your account was suspended, your Droplets will be purged and data will not be available for recovery.

Anyways, you can give support a try, and see is there something to do.

This comment has been deleted