I’m having a little problem after migrating from shared hosting (Apache) to a 512mb Droplet running a LEMP stack (I used the excellent EasyEngine to create a WordPress site).
After following the guide over at EasyEngine for migration I managed to import everything correctly. I then pointed the DNS to my Droplet (changed nameservers etc) and was all set to go.
Weirdly, I can access my wp-admin area of my site and everything about it, but when I try to load my homepage or a specific article - I get this:
After carefully deactivating each and every plugin I honed the error down to Yoast’s WordPress SEO. After deactivating that, the site functions perfectly, however, that plugin is an essential part of my site so I have to get it all working together.
The problem is, I do not know where the error lies.
I have examined my Nginx config files both on /etc/nginx/sites-available & /etc/nginx/sites-enabled as well as the default nginx config files but I cannot seem to find a solution.
I have transferred over my sitemap which Yoast creates, and it works fine. But that begs the question - what part of the plugin is causing the error on Nginx?
It’s literally just that problem and otherwise the site functions perfectly (or at least I think so!)
Any help would be massively appreciated.
This textbox defaults to using Markdown to format your answer.
You can type !ref in this text area to quickly search our full set of tutorials, documentation & marketplace offerings and insert the link!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.
Join our DigitalOcean community of over a million developers for free! Get help and share knowledge in Q&A, subscribe to topics of interest, and get courses and tools that will help you grow as a developer and scale your project or business.
Click below to sign up and get $200 of credit to try our products over 60 days!