Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Writing symbols like "/" in VNC from Digital Ocean Console Page
I have a Centos VPS. Even when I’m kind of new configuring Linux, it’s known to me that I have to unable root access for security purposes. But then what can I do If I have to enter root again?
Once I tried to access the Console through VNC from DigitalOcean page. My trouble is that I couldn’t type many symbols like “/”, thing that prevents me from navigating through folders.
I tried creating an admin user, but I’m not very sure if I did well, since I couldn’t access all files.
My questions are:
- How can I type symbols like “/” in the VNC Console?
- Should I rely only on the new admin user?
- Opening root should be a necessity in the future?
PD: I’m not sure if it has something to do with my laptop keyboard, but my configuration is Spanish ISO.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×