Kick-Starting Your Cloud Native Journey With Kubernetes and DOKS
About the Talk
More and more businesses are moving their architectures from monolith to microservices to increase agility and reduce deployment and development time, and Kubernetes is at the forefront of that transformation.
But is Kubernetes for everyone? What should you keep in mind as you get started with Kubernetes? What’s the difference between a managed kubernetes service and a self-hosted one?
This Tech Talk is designed to help startups and small and medium-sized businesses answer these questions and get started on their cloud native journey.
What You’ll Learn
- How to choose a managed Kubernetes provider
- What to keep in mind while re-architecting your application to microservices
- How cloud native ecosystems can help you reach your customers faster
This Talk is Designed For
- Architects looking to move their systems to microservices
- CTOs planning to adopt cloud native technologies to enable cloud portability without vendor lock-in
- Sysadmins new to Kubernetes
Basic knowledge of cloud and Kubernetes
Explore DigitalOcean Kubernetes
New to DigitalOcean? Get US $100 in credit when you sign up:
About the Presenters
- Peeyush Gupta, Senior Developer Advocate, DigitalOcean
- Tim Osborne, CTO, Atom Learning
Peeyush Gupta is currently a Senior Developer Advocate at DigitalOcean. He loves developing cloud platforms, helping developers migrate legacy applications to the cloud, and serving communities through speaking at meetups and contributing to the Kubernetes Contributor Experience Group.
Tim is CTO at Atom Learning, a UK-based EdTech startup that leverages AI to keep students on their optimal learning path. He spends his time exploring new technologies and figuring out how they can be harnessed to improve learning experiences for pupils all over the world. Outside of work, you’ll find him travelling or on the tennis court.