Deploy and manage unlimited apps on your droplet using OpsCaptain Agent, CLI, Docker, open source Heroku and Cloud Foundry buildpacks. OpsCaptain creates a PaaS environment on your droplet so you can deploy apps written in most popular languages to your droplet using a single command.
Steps to deploy:
Buy a droplet running Ubuntu 16 and from the OpsCaptain dashboard, provide the IP Address and the root password of this droplet. OpsCaptain then installs Docker, OpsCaptain agent, OpsCaptain proxy and open source buildpacks on your server.
Download the OpsCaptain CLI from npm using [npm install -g opscaptain-cli]
Create an app and the required database engine from the OpsCaptain dashboard. You can then proceed to deploy from the command line using [opscaptain deploy]. You can also zip your project folder and upload it from the dashboard. When deploying from the dashboard, you do not require the CLI as you can do everything from the dashboard.
- Node.js (Includes Meteor.js support)
- Elixir (Includes Phoenix support)
- Ruby (All Ruby frameworks)
- PHP (All PHP frameworks)
- All JVM-Based languages and frameworks (Java, Scala, Play, Grails etc)
- .NET Core
- Static websites support.
- One command deploy using CLI or click upload to deploy from dashboard
- App, HTTP and Database logs viewer
- Let’s encrypt support for free SSL certificates (Renewed forever)
- Built-in load balancing
- Horizontal scaling to unlimited servers
- Zero downtime deployments
- 24×7×365 Monitoring & alerting
- APM Metrics - % CPU, % RAM, response latency, request and transactions / second
- Team collaboration
- Ticket support
Supported database engines and features:
- MongoDB (Versions: 3.2, 3.4 and 3.6) Wired tiger storage engine.
- Preconfigured and ready to go out of the box.
- Continuous backups – every change is backed up offsite as it happens.
- Point-in-Time Recovery – rewind your database to any moment in the past.
- Database slow query analyzer – nice charts to explore slow queries.
- Database replication support – replicate data between digital ocean droplets and data centers for 100% uptime.
- IP White listing
- Authentication enabled by default
- SSL encryption