Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
[Beginner] Subdomain Setup to specific IP:port (sneaky configuration)
Hello everyone! I’m looking forward to receiving support and help from the community!
Here’s the challenge!
To kick it off, I am an extreme beginner at this. so, the more detailed/step-by-step answer you can provide the better for me and any other beginner seeking a similar solution.
There are three variables for the current issue:
- I have a domain name registered in a place
- The root/main domain (naggiar.net) is routed to a hosting server outside Digital OCean
- However, a developer has created a web app (REACT/NodeJS) and we installed it on Digital ocean on the following IP: http://18.104.22.168:5001
- I created a subdomain (shop.naggiar.net)which I would like to point to the IP and port (http://22.214.171.124:5001)
Here is what we’ve done so far:
- Created a subdomain shop.naggiar.net
- Created an A record to point to the IP 126.96.36.199
How can you help?
- What is/are the next step(s) that we need to do?
- on which server should they need to be done?
Looking forward to your support and help!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×