Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Can I remove cilium in managed kubernetes?
I’m using managed kubernetes. Doing ‘kubectl top pods –all-namespaces’ showed me that the cilium pods are taking significant amount of CPU. I did not install the cilium pods. They came with the managed cluster.
kube-system cilium-ct96b 54m 150Mi
kube-system cilium-fw9xd 172m 204Mi
kube-system cilium-jsldl 57m 167Mi
kube-system cilium-n2xbl 53m 151Mi
My questions are:
- What do the cilium pods do?
- Is it required for managed kubernetes? Can I remove them? How do I remove them?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×