Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Missing Kernel; formerly a droplet running Ubuntu 12.04
So I have a small droplet which I have been running for years. It’s a LAMP stack on Ubuntu 12.04. It was rebooted due to the spectre/meltdown issue. Anyways, it wasn’t responding and when I checked the droplet through the access console I see that the Digital Ocean Droplet Recovery System is up. I then powered down my server, created a snapshot, and then created a new droplet from the snapshot in order to troubleshoot. With the new droplet setup I have tried going through the recovery system.
- I tried first to follow this: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/lost-access-to-sites-servers-and-known-good-backups-won-t-boot. The top response goes through a process of selecting the grubloader, going to shell and rebooting. Didn’t seem to do anything.
- Next I selected option 6 (Install a Digital Ocean provided Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Kernel). Again nothing happened.
- Filesystem check seems to pass
- Install/Update kernel on disk does nothing.
Not sure what else to try here.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×