Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
My first DO app keeps failing on deployment
I am a code newbie, trying to deploy my first Python/flask app to DO. It uses SQLite as the db, which I know will need to be replaced with PostgreSQL or something more robust at some point, but for now, I just want a low-traffic prototype that I can show to prospective employers, etc.
When I go to deploy, the build phase seems to be successful (I get the checkmark and the build log finishes with “build complete”) but the deploy phase fails.
Two problems I hope to solve:
- On build phase, the log says it failed to install SQLite:
[2022-01-01 23:43:18] => Building app [2022-01-01 23:43:18] [2022-01-01 23:43:19] -----> Using Python version specified in runtime.txt [2022-01-01 23:43:19] -----> Installing python-3.10.1 [2022-01-01 23:43:35] -----> Installing pip 21.3.1, setuptools 57.5.0 and wheel 0.37.0 [2022-01-01 23:43:47] -----> Installing SQLite3 [2022-01-01 23:44:00] rm: cannot remove '/workspace/.heroku/python/apt/state/lists': Directory not empty [2022-01-01 23:44:00] Sqlite3 failed to install.
- On deploy phase, it does not give me an error, but the log’s console outputs are identical to what I see when I launch the app on my local drive, which doesn’t seem right. There is no “live public URL’ where I can access my app on DO, probably because the deployment failed.
[2022-01-01 23:47:16] * Serving Flask app 'application' (lazy loading) [2022-01-01 23:47:16] * Environment: production [2022-01-01 23:47:16] WARNING: This is a development server. Do not use it in a production deployment. [2022-01-01 23:47:16] Use a production WSGI server instead. [2022-01-01 23:47:16] * Debug mode: off [2022-01-01 23:47:19] INFO: * Running on http://127.0.0.1:5000/ (Press CTRL+C to quit)
Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×