Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Need Help Managing My Hard Drives
Hello Everyone. First i am inexperienced with Linux and Cent-OS. So please forgive my ignorance.
I will try my best to explain my problem and what i actuaclly want.
I have a dedicated server with 3 Hard Drives and 1 SSD. The Centos 7 is installed on the 80 GB SSD and now three hard drives are free.
Among these three hard drives two are on raid controller. Which logically means i have two extra hard drives, (As raid will show two same hard drives as one).
Now i have two hard drives free which i want to use to store my data. But the problem is that, previously i was storing my data in /var/www/html
And now if i start uploading my files to /var/www/html the SSD will get full which i dont want. Even if i bind one of my hard drives to that directory the SSD will get full.
So Here IS The Question.
- How Can I Use Both Of My These Extra hard Drives to work on a same directory. I made a previous thread about this and one of the mod also replied thanks to him, but i messed up and had to reinstall OS.
- After making these two hard drives work together, where should i point them? so that my SSD dosent gets full.
Or in simple words, I want my two extra hard drives work together and i upload files to them and users access them through Nginx web server but i dont want to upload files to my SSD.
I hope i made clear what i want.** And please if you have solution type all of the commands because i am inexperienced.**
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×