Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Setting up Internal Hosting server for NodeJS/React applications
Well explained article. It helped me to understand a lot on the local/in-house server setup environments (where I need to setup all the hardware/software environment, to have a website up and running on our office residing server commercially). Can any one assist me to solve my problem please.
I want to deploy a CMS application developed in React, Redux, Mongo DB. I am new so I am wondering how can I setup this. Any guidelines will be helpful. I have following questions in my mind:
- What are pros and corn of having *Linux *or *Windows *based server. (also which versions are relevant)
- How to setup an SSL on local hosting server. What are options.
- What are the security precautions to be made.
- An internet line with dedicated IP from ISP can be connected, but do need to have any security hardware in middle in the network?
- How to setup/connect a purchased domain name (www.mydomain.com) to an internal hosting server.
- How to have multiple IPs to an internal hosting server, so if one server fails or one network fails the other keeps working with the purchased domain name. Also how floating IP helps and how this can be setup.
- How to log IP(visitors) access log in hardware level to keep server secure. How Ranchet is helpful and what is the purpose of setting up Ranchet. Is it not right to simply install NodeJS on the machine and run application on it (but as I’m new so I need some guidelines on this please).
- Is it simple to start application just like I do in my local development environment and everything will be accessible on the DNS (if setup).
- How to setup internal code version control system (using any local version control system and also GitHub), so if one deployment fails or creates any trouble; we can then restore to older code version.
How to setup a mailing server to send and receive emails and also how can we setup different emails on local hosting server.
Any application crash and monitoring tools I need to setup? How Nginx is helpful and any comparison with Ranchet?
What is the purpose of Containers and Dockers? and is it a feature or a service or what exactly it serves. As I’m new so I may ask: Is it ok to go for deployment without Containers and Docker :) Dont’ be angry please.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×