Voting application: how to send the voting links without being blocked as spam?
I am planning a web-application for voting in closed groups, such as clubs or parties. It should work as follows:
- The club manager uploads a CSV file with the names and emails of the club members.
- The webapp sends each member an email with a unique URL for one-time voting.
- Each member can click the unique URL to vote.
- After the voting deadline, the webapp computes the results and sends them to the club manager (the votes are not secret - the manager may need to know which member sent which vote).
My main concern is that sending many emails to the club members might be considered as spam. I read this other question about how to not be considered a spammer, but that question considers promotional emails. In that case, the best solution is to use a mailing-list handling service such as MailChimp. But for my application it is not a good solution, because:
- My app needs to send a unique voting-link, automatically generated by the webapp, in order to track the voting and associate them with the voters (and to prevent multiple voting by the same person).
- My app typically sends one-time emails - I do not need a service for periodic emailing to a list.
What is a right way to send the voting links from this application?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×