Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
What is the next step after setting up Let's Encrypt SSL on DigitalOcean's Dashboard
I have followed this tutorial:
and created a new Let’s Encrypt certificate on DigitalOcean’s dashboard.
During the creation, in addition to my domain name and its www. version, I added 4 more subdomains. The creation seems successful.
However, when I go to one of my subdomain, where my web app is running on, I can access it using HTTP, but NOT HTTPS.
I am wondering if I have missed a step or two that I should’ve done after creating the certificate on the dashboard. Note that it doesn’t exist on the tutorial, so I assumed that’s all I need (Loving it though, since it was so simple and easy).
A bit more info:
- My domain will be redirected to Squarespace.
- All my subdomains are connected to their corresponding Droplets (3 droplets used here).
- For my web app I am using Apache and already set-up a simple VirtualHost file to have the app hosted at port 80.
Thanks in advance.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×