Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Getting started with NodeJS, first Hello World app, prerequisites for app development and api
I am new to NodeJS and I have a droplet edshare.tech
Editing the helpText with the shark gif works but I cannot see a console output.
On Chrome I get: “DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for chrome-extension://fehcbmngdgagfalpnfphdhojfdcoblgc/static/js/contentScript.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERRUNKNOWNURL_SCHEME”
On Firefox: Error: Can’t find profile directory.
Restarting the hello app with pm2 is fine. I do it with the console of WinSCP
I need some tutorial or example for these very first steps to running a hello world app, adding some code and test it.
Could someone help me?
Some more specific questions
- what is to be done with this 3000 port?
- I can cd in all directories. But how can I run apps in these directories?
- How can I use, for instance, index.js instead of hello.js - where is the attribution of apps to paths?
- Next step after “hello world”: the Airtable API
- Any configuration required for Nginx
- Suitable hello world examples on Github?
- Better alternative to WinSCP (working on Windows)
- Sometimes the WinSCP console says I need an interactive authorization or sudo. What is the easiest way to use the full range of commands?
Any hint would help! <3
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×