Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How to enable SSL for Subdomain - domain with name cheap, website on VPS and storage with DO
- Hi i have my domain over at namecheap.com.
- I have my website mydomain.com with my VPS provider.
- I have my storage files in DO Spaces.
I have successfully created and connected to DO spaces by creating a CNAME over at my domain registrar NAMECHEAP. I created the CNAME for my subdomain. Everything works, however when i go to my files e.g. https://subdomain.mydomain.com/myfile.jpg i cannot see it due to no SSL being valid on the sub domain.
Now I need to attach an SSL to the subdomain, I have gone through the steps on DO - but I am not able create a subdomain in my DO panel because i do not have the domain registered with DO. My domain is with NAMECHEAP.
Any help would be appreciated as my website is currently not functioning and desperately need to attach an SSL to my subdomain.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×