Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Managed Databases - Changing Ownership of backups or entire databases
I have been testing the new Managed Databases feature and find it very exciting. In addition to my own projects, I can personally see using this for specific client work where the ownership of the database may have to be migrated to a different DigitalOcean user account. Can you answer a few questions regarding the backups:
- Like Snapshots, which do not have to be linked to a existing Droplet, are there plans to allow database Backups to exist after the Managed Database is destroyed.
- Are there plans to allow users to change the ownership of the Managed Database.
- Are there plans to allow users to export a Managed Database Backup or change its ownership?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×