Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Setting up a database server on another droplet in VPC
Hi. I am currently running database and web server on single droplet, but because of site traffic increase, I am planning to put database on separate droplet with enough RAM, but there are some questions:
1) I want my database server to be secured and accessed only by my application (web) servers. Is VPC (Private Networking) correct solution to this?
2) Is it possible to remove public IP from database server, and make it isolated from outer network? If yes, then how can it be setup and administrated via ssh (because, well, ssh connection will be also blocked)?
3) What IP my application/client should use to connect to database server, if they both will be added to VPC network?
4) In general, are these steps correct for balancing the load and securing a database on other droplet?
Thanks in advance for any help regarding these questions.
P.S. If that helps, I am running Ubuntu / Node.js / Nginx / MongoDB.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×