Suggested Topics for Tutorials
Our tutorials help people like you solve some of their trickiest problems. Whether they’re building out some infrastructure or writing a web application, readers trust our tutorials because they’re written for developers by developers.
We’d love your help publishing articles that help developers get their apps into production.
We’re particularly interested in the following types of articles:
- Tutorials that walk readers through using or deploying software on Kubernetes.
- Tutorials that show readers how to use DigitalOcean products like Spaces, Block Storage, and Load Balancers in real-world applications.
- Production-focused tutorials covering topics like load balancing, automatic backups, database management, failovers, security, monitoring, logging, vertical/horizontal scaling, testing, optimization, etc.
In addition, we’re looking for tutorials on the following topics:
- How to build a Hashicorp Vault server using Packer and Terraform on DigitalOcean
- How To Use and Write Reusable Terraform Modules
- How To Use Inspec to Test your Chef Deployment on Ubuntu 16.04
- How To Deploy a Fault-Tolerant MongoDB Sharded Cluster on Ubuntu 18.04
- How To Set Up a Highly Available PostgreSQL Cluster
- Kubernetes Workload Scheduling using DigitalOcean Kubernetes Node Pools
If you need additional inspiration, here are some examples of recent tutorials we’ve published that illustrate what we’re looking for:
- How To Build a Neural Network to Recognize Handwritten Digits with TensorFlow
- How to Back Up, Import, and Migrate Your Apache Kafka Data on Ubuntu 18.04
- How to Set Up an Nginx Ingress with Cert-Manager on DigitalOcean Kubernetes
To share your knowledge on any of these topics by writing a tutorial for the DigitalOcean community, apply to the Write For DOnations program by submitting a writing sample in our style. We’ll evaluate your sample and, once you’re approved, we’ll work with you to develop an outline for your topic and help you get published.
We can’t wait to see your writing sample. And if you have other topic ideas, just let us know when you apply.