Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
What does the Droplet Backup service backup?
I am using the Droplet Backup service for $0.14 dollars a month. I am fairly new in the development field and am not sure what to expect from this backup. The reason why I am asking this is that I want to be sure that my architecture as well as the content of that architecture can be easily restored if something goes wrong.
In the description I can read, that a system-level backup is made. This is my current architecture:
- Ubuntu 20.04
- LAMP stack
These are my hypotheses:
- With the DO Droplet Backup service I can restore the OS and application configuration on my VPS. This means that if the server crashes, I don’t have to go to the trouble of making all the basic configurations myself.
- For the content-related backup, such as the Wordpress configurations, and the MYSQL database, I need to find other ways of making backups.
Can anyone help me confirm or nuance my hypotheses? If I am correct, any advice on how I can backup Wordpress, MySQL and Neo4j databases safe, fast and reliable, is very much appreciated :).
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×