Python is a high-level, interpreted programming language which emphasizes the clarity and readability of code.
Start with How to Code in Python 3 — a learning series that covers all the Python fundamentals (setting up a Python programming environment, learning syntax and core Python concepts and writing your first Python programs
If you prefer learning offline, this series is also available as a free Python eBook.
Install and Configure Python
Start with installation and configuration best practices for your operating system:
Build with Python
Common use cases for Python on web servers:
- Start running Django (a popular Python framework for web apps) right away using the DigitalOcean Django one-click or install Django on an Ubuntu server yourself.
- Flask is another popular Python web “microframework.” Get started by installing flask on Ubuntu.
- To learn Python web app fundamentals, follow this tutorial that demonstrates how to use Python to interact with Web APIs.
- Crawl websites using python with scrapy or Beautiful Soup.
Data Science with Python
Python is popular within the data science community, resulting in a growing ecosystem of Python tooling for data analytics:
- Anaconda is open-source software used for data processing, scientific computing, and predictive analytics. Start by installing Anaconda on Ubuntu.
- Jupyter Notebook is another popular Python tool in the data science world. Get started by installing Jupyter notebook to run iPython on Ubuntu.